When it comes to generating traffic, images too have a role to play in on page SEO. It is true that content is king for a website. However, images can also help bring in the targeted amount of visitors and more. This is because there are many search engines which are image-based such as Google Images. You can achieve a better ranking in such search results if your site is equipped with relevant and strategically-placed pictures.
Images have the capability to add a new dimension to an otherwise regular page or article. It is pictures that prompt people viewing a page to share it and also create backlinks. This can work wonders for your site. The text on the site might be the first thing that a browser notices when he visits the page but it is the picture that ultimately contributes in the sale. For this reason, SEO company India also stresses on the importance of photos in improving visibility and revenues.
How to Zero in on the Right Image
The net is overloaded with pictures. In such a scenario, it can be an arduous task to zero in on the right one. However, there are some places where you can expect to find the best and the most visually appealing photos. Examples of such places include:
- Flickr: This is the most popular of all and is the favorite of any SEO company India. You must have heard lots about it. Now it is time to use it to your advantage. The best thing about this site is that its search tool is really helpful so that it won’t be difficult for you to locate what you are looking for.
- stock.xchng: Do not get confused by the name. It has nothing to do with stocks and shares. Rather it is a very interesting site boasting of royalty-free photos.
- iStockPhoto: It has an enviable collection of photos but you have to buy them. If you are game for it, you can give it a try.
Google Images is another source of procuring photos though you need to have proper licensing to get them. If you at all take images from them, make sure you have the required permission for reuse. Otherwise, legal action can be taken against you.
Use of Keywords
1. You need keywords not only in website content but also in photos. The image file-name should contain the relevant keywords so that search engines can easily locate them. Therefore, do not blindly use or upload the photos after taking them from the net. Make sure you save it in a file-name that is intrinsically related to the product or service sold by you and also contains the optimized keywords. This is the ground rule of on page SEO and should not be ignored since the primary aim of using pictures is to attract maximum traffic.
2. According to Google, images should be placed in a single folder on your own site. Also, common file types are to be used for images such as GIF, JPEG, BMP and PNG.
3.Always use image alt text while adding a picture in your website.
4. Always change the dimensions of downloaded picture to make it unique in the eye of Google.
To know about our Image optimization services visit : www.indian-seo-company.com